Your best defense against natural disasters is to be prepared and informed. By using the checklists and tips below, your family and your business will be better prepared if a hurricane strikes.
Prepare Your Business
- Emergency Hurricane Preparation Checklist for Business Owners
- Are you prepared if Disaster Strikes?
- Prepare Your Organization for Hurricane Safety
Visit www.ready.gov/business for program management, planning, implementation, testing and exercises, and program improvement ideas.
Prepare at Home
- Family Emergency Plan
- Build an Emergency Supply Kit Checklist
- Hurricane Preparation at Home: Safeguards for a disaster.
- Don’t leave your animals behind! Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for Pet Owners.
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Checklist
- Family Disaster Plan
- Make Flood Safety a Priority: What to do before, during and after a flood. Also in Spanish.
- Flood Preparation Precautions.
**Your homeowner’s insurance does not cover floods. Flooding can happen anywhere at any time, so make sure you have a flood policy in place. Typically, there is a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your flood policy goes into effect. Contact us if you are interested in a flood quote.**
Here are a few pointers to reduce your exposure to damage and expedite your claim.
- Be prepared.
Have your policy and contact information organized and with you before the storm hits. Gas up your vehicles, charge your cell phones and protect your property. Make sure you include critical documents and electronic data.
- Be specific.
Is there interior water damage, an impact to your ongoing operations or the potential for additional damage?
- Be proactive.
Do temporary repairs to reduce ongoing or additional damage.
- Be sure to document.
Take pictures and keep receipts.
- Be safe.
Most importantly, take care of your family, pets and staff.
Gather Vital Insurance Information
Including policy numbers, insurance carrier, and the name and number of your TriSure Representative. Please call our office at 919-469-2473 or 800-277-7702 if we can help you gather this information.